Saturday, February 6, 2010

Peanut Cookies

Hello all, here is my version of melt in mouth peanut cookies. I made these for Chinese New Year and it was one of the must have item for my family. I bet once you've try it, you'll surely feel in love with it...! **huh! so proud ya**

Since the Chinese New Year is approaching, I would like to wish all my friends who read this and all the bloggers out there who celebrate CNY a Happy and Prosperous year of Tiger. My wish for the new year is to cook and bake more. Trying out more recipes and share my cooking with all of you.

Peanut Cookies1Align Center
Jars of yummy melt in mouth peanut cookies.

Peanut Cookies2

Aren't they look good as a gift for relatives or friends?

I first bake my peanut cookies using the recipe I got from Agnes Chang Recipe book. But, I found the peanut cookies are a bit too sweet and hard for my liking. I like the peanut cookies to be soft and the melt in mouth type. Not too sweet and more peanut aroma. After a few bakes and I edit the recipe before came out with this perfect peanut cookies recipe of mine. The cookies are full of peanut aroma, soft and not too sweet but it's easily breaks. So, make sure you really handle it with care..hahaa!!

Peanut Cookies3

The most important ingredients for making peanut cookies are the peanut we use. I prepare my own peanut. Clean and dries them under the sun before I fry them in the wok with low - medium fire till they are cook thoroughly, until I can smell the peanut aroma all over the kitchen and it's colour turn light brown (becareful, not to burnt it!!). Some people they roast it in the oven but I prefer to stir-fry it with wok.

Peanut Cookies4

Look what I found in the peanuts I bought for making the peanut cookies?? All those rotten peanuts, peanut shells and there are even stones in it...

I choose and pick up all the rotten peanuts, stones and etc..before I raise the peanuts under the running tap water. Place the clean peanut in a basket and dry them under hot sun before I fried it. Unskinned the peanuts before we grind it with blender. I grind it until fine, it's very important for produce the fine & soft peanut cookies.

**For those who are interested to try out this recipe please leave me message in the comment with your e-mail address. I will e-mail the tips & recipe to you. Thank you!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'll be away and not free to online for 2 days and I post the Peanut Cookies Recipe here for just in case some of you would like to give it a try.

Here we go ...

Ingredients needed:

600g fried peanuts, removed skin and grind finely.
375g flour
350g icing sugar
1 tbsp butter, soften at room temperature (*optional - but, the cookies will be more fragrant with it)
2 tbsp peanut butter (creamy) (*optional - but, cookies will be more peanut aroma if we add it)
peanut oil for mixing
1/2 tsp salt (taste the dough and add more if it's not salty enough - I put 1 tsp*)
1 egg, beaten with pinch of salt for glazing

Method:

1. Shift flour and icing sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add in the grind peanut, butter and peanut butter, mix well. Slowly add in peanut oil and mix until it can form into soft dough, (I didn't measure the oil, just mix it slowly until the dough can roll into ball without breaking. Becareful,don't over mix the oil*) (Use a wooden spatula to mix it before using our hand...the dough will be oily and sticky at first)

2. Form into small balls, place onto a greased baking pan, or we can lined the pan with grease paper. I press top of the balls with a small round shape mould (Can use pen cap*) Glaze with beaten egg.

3. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for about 20-25mins till it crack a bit and golden brown. Remove from oven and let it cool before storing them. (Let the cookies cool before moving them into container as the cookies that's still warm breaks easily*)


Happy trying and let me know the result !

P/S: If you like the bite of sugar in peanut cookies, just replace it with Castor Sugar instead of using Icing Sugar ***


Gong Xi Fa Cai !

AMY ONG

25 comments:

tracieMoo said...

I haven't made peanut cookies yet, Amy!! Yours looks so good.. I would love to hear a version of yours.. hopefully I still have time to make it. my email is lifegoeson91@yahoo.com

I'm so glad you're back!

juliet khoo said...

Hi,

Your peanut cookies looks good! Can you share this recipe. My email address is jlkhoo50@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Juliet Khoo

Unknown said...

Hi Amy,

Your peanut cookies look so delicious! How long do you dry them under the sun for? I am really interested in trying out your recipe! Can I have the recipe please? Thank you so much in advance!

lclim said...

Hello Amy,so happy to hear that ur peanut cookies melt in the mouth. Mine ie quite hard. theren is still time left and would love to try ur melt in mouth cookies.My email is llchoo02@gmail.com

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear Amy, I wait till long neck only see this lovely post, I like peanut cookies too, but this year I have been too busy making kuih bangkit, maybe will try this next year lar. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family.

ann low said...

Hi Tin Tin,
Happy Lunar New Year & Happy Valentine's Day!
I did not make peanut cookies this year, Can share some :)

foongpc said...

Gosh! I love peanut cookies! And like you, I like them to be soft and melt in the mouth with full peanut taste! Yes!

Wishing you a Happy & Prosperous CNY! : )

My Food Adventure said...

Agreed with you, Agnes's original peanut cookies was too sweet for my liking too! Looking forward for your version of my favourite peanut cookies! Thanks..

TINTIN said...

Tracie: I've e-mailed you the recipe. Try out and let me know the result.

Juliet: You're welcomed. Recipe e-mailed to you already.

Sharon: Just dry the peanut under the sun until it's really dry before we grind them finely with our blender. Pls leave your e-mail here for the recipe.

lclim: Thank you. I hv e-mailed the recipe to you. Try out and let me know if you like it :)

TINTIN said...

Sonia: Sorry to keep you waiting for my post. I was really busy lately and I will post more recipe soon. Wish you a happy and prosperous CNY, Gong Xi Fa Cai!! :)

Anncoo: Happy Valentine's Day and Gong Xi Fa Cai!! Sure...my peanut cookies waiting for u. Come to visit me faster :)

Foongpc: Thank you!! I think we have the same tastebud...haha!! Wish you a happy and prosperous year of Tiger!!

My Food Adventure: Thank you for drop by here!! I wish you a happy and prosperous CNY. Please leave me your e-mail for the recipe. Thanks!

Small Small Baker said...

I love these little peanut cookies, esp those melt in the mouth. Salute you for preparing the peanuts yourself despite being so busy. I would have chosen the easy way and buy grounded peanuts. :)

Hope to have this recipe, can email to smallsmallbaker@yahoo.com.sg. Have a prosperous Tiger Year! Thanks!

My Food Adventure said...

My e-mail address is bakewithlove.bakewithlove@gmail.com
Thanks..

Noob Cook said...

They look amazing. I think I'll try them out next year keke Happy CNY to u and your family!

Mumto4Angels said...

Hi Amy,

Can't wait to try out your peanut cookies, my kids just love this cookies and I use to buy from outside, which I don't really like, because it's either too hard or too sweet. Please kindly email me the recipe so that I can bake it in time for the coming CNY.....thanks!

My email : mumto4angels@gmail.com

Happy Chinese New Year to you and Family!

Aeiween said...

WAHHHHH~ where is my peanut cookies my sister in law??? Make me hungry only :'(

3 hungry tummies said...

wow this is a long awaited post, my favourite cookies!

ICook4Fun said...

Wishing you and your family A Happy and Prosperous New Year. May the year of tiger brings you lots of happinesss, health and wealth.

Sook said...

Oh they look so yummy!!

MaryMoh said...

These peanut cookies look so pretty and delicious. I really miss them. I can't find them here but glad that I can make them myself now. Thanks for sharing.

COLARGOL said...

c'est super mignon, j'adore !! Bravo

Creative Tomato said...

Hie Amy,

Stumbled upon your blog this morning when I'm searching for 'mee hoon kueh' recipe. Very interesting and nice recipes you have here to share with us :). Could you email me your 'peanut cookies' recipe as well at
meng_joanne@yahoo.com.

Thanks alot! Keep sharing your lovely recipes ya.

Pushpa Soh said...

Depavali is around the corner and would love to try your recipe. Can you please email the recipe plus your tips to pushsoh@streamyx.com. Thanks a million

pei said...

hey amy...i would also like to try out this cookie. Can you pls teach me baking tips - leepeilu2002@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Pei-Lin said...

Amy, I tried out your peanut cookie recipe! It works like charm! It's on my blog now! Thank you so, so much for sharing!

Btw, I've been aware of the presence of your blog like over a year ago ... And I jotted down this peanut cookie recipe like a year ago, too ... Nowadays, though, I barely have the time to blog-hop and needless to say leaving comments. I'll try my best to when I've got time for those ... Kudos to you for your generosity in sharing! I admire you for that!

Thank you! Gong hey fatt choy to you and family!

With regards,
Pei-Lin

Hello. I am Esther! said...

ooo! yumminess, I can't wait till CNY 2012 shall be making these for my aunties and uncles who can't chew much.
Do you have further tips to share? I'm at cheahsm@gmail.com

Cheers and much thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin